Thursday 26 November 2015

FARFETCH X THE PERFUME STUDIO || Event

Farfetch Blogger Event



Farfetch Blogger Event

Farfetch Blogger Event

Farfetch Blogger Event

Farfetch Blogger Event

The Perfume Studio Review

The Perfume Studio Review

The Perfume Studio Review

The Perfume Studio Review

The Perfume Studio Review

The Perfume Studio Review

The Perfume Studio Review

I don’t really tend to go to many blogging events due to my work schedule, but when this little event popped into my inbox, I was very excited to attend! I was invited by the lovely girls at Farfetch to spend the day creating my own unique fragrance with The Perfume Studio

On a very cold Saturday afternoon I made my way to the Hilton Kensington (full of Christmas decorations YAY). I met up with a handful of other bloggers and began to learn about the world of perfume making. Bridget from The Perfume Studio talked us through how perfumes are generally made up. So you normally have 3 different scents that all do different things, these are called; Top, Base & Middle. The base tends to be the stronger scent that lasts longer and the Top is the initial fragrance you smell but tends to go quite quickly. 

We made our way through all of the 18 odd scents from each category and began to make piles of our likes and dislikes. I decided I wanted a strong base mix in my scent as I think perfume scents tend to disappear quite quickly. After a lot of sniffing, deliberation and the odd coffee bean (you smell these to give your noise a little refresh/break). I went with 2 bases; Amber and Musky plus a middle; Gentle Floral. You can use different measurements of each smell, e.g: 2 Amber and 1/2 Musky - depending on what you liked. 

The hardest decision was probably naming my perfume and truth be told I'm not sure what I went for in the end - I think it was something like Floral Alice. (I did feel a bit like a celebrity creating their own fragrance - it was fab!). I now have my own bottle of unique fragrance created by me and the fact it's one of a kind is pretty cool! The Perfume Studio actually offers this little experience as a gift so if you fancied checking it out head over to the site. I think it is a great and unique gift and generally a fun day out too!

After all of our creativity and sniffing we went for an amazing afternoon tea in the restaurant of the hotel. From smoked salmon sandwiches to macaroons to scones and jam, we were split for choice!

It was a truly lovely day and was a great experience, so thanks to the brilliant guys at Farfetch


Checkout my current favourites from the site! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I read and try and reply to all of your comments <3

Blogger Template by pipdig